We Implemented the Marsa SAP Project in 5 Months
The SAP Project of Marsa Yağ, adding taste to life with its quality products, at last went live successfully after 5 months of hard work.
Working intensively with Marsa's teams in the Istanbul and Adana offices, Renova consultants successfully implemented the SAP project. Speaking at the closing dinner of the project, Marsa Financial and Administrative Affairs Director Adnan Kaplan said, "I thank all the project team for activating the project on time despite the time constraint."
The solutions Renova presents through the knowledge base of the many projects it has realized in the foodstuff sector together with its experienced consultants provide fully integrated traceability with minimum effort for companies.
Marsa Increased Its Efficiency with SAP
While Renova was transferring Marsa Yağ’s 15 years of SAP experience into SAP ECC 6.0, all the modules within the scope of the project were taken on from scratch and reconstructed according to current needs. While the Quality Management (QM), Plant Maintenance (PM), Warehouse Management (WM) modules were included into the system for the first time, the Material Management (MM) and Production Planning (PP) modules were nearly designed from scratch. The processes and reports in the Financial Accounting (FI), Controlling (CO) and Sales and Distribution (SD) modules were restructured according to user demands.
The Provided SAP Solutions and Services
Quality Management (QM) Module
By implementing the Quality Management (QM) module, Marsa removed the use of paper forms and ledgers and carried its quality processes into the digital environment.
Raw material and packaging input controls are made and their analysis are tracked online through the system and in case of any nonconformity they can be backtracked. When a problem concerning the supplier of the raw material or packaging is detected during purchasing, an automatic Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) form is sent to the supplier over the system.
With the monthly supplier evaluation report prepared with the Quality Management (QM) and Material Management (MM) modules, a supplier scoring system was put in place and an important criteria in choosing suppliers can now be seen in the system. By automatically pulling material close to expire to the quality stock, the use of faulty material was prevented. Because the products that have gone through final control are delivered after quality analysis, the shipment of inappropriate products was prevented. The product and semi-product analysis controls are done and recorded at the quality module, making way for traceability back to the raw material in improper situations.
Plant Maintenance (PM) Module
With the Plant Maintenance (PM) module, all the processes needed to attain full tracking and traceability of the increasing equipment infrastructure were designed into the SAP system.
The process gained speed and efficiency increased with the systematic execution of activities like breakdown maintenance, periodic maintenance, betterment and investment done by the Maintenance Team through approval mechanisms and with the tracking of the material requirement planning processes of the spare parts and the instant reporting of the material, service and labor costs of all these processes. Catalogues were formed for the damages in all the equipment and reporting was implemented for the stoppages resulting from these damages. Information about the equipment such as location based usage, spare part changes are now recorded onto the system with date stamps.
Warehouse Management (WM) Module
Thanks to SAP Warehouse Management (WM), the real-time tracking of all the movement of the material from the supplier to the time it is shipped to the client and warehouse process optimization was realized and Marsa Yağ personnel will now be able to effectively manage, track and check these processes over the SAP system.
At the newly designed Production Planning (PP), where the material requirement planning process ranges from sales planning to production and supply planning, the result that comes out of the interactive screen in which the budget, monthly supply and real sales orders are gathered, stocks seen and the weekly production is calculated, is sent to the factory production planning unit.
Barcode integration: A design in which the PP-QM-MM-WM modules work integrated was realized. A structure in which the produced products are directly added to the quality stock within Warehouse Management (WM) and after waiting for some time for quality control are sent to addresses was formed. Practical reports were prepared for the detailed tracking of bar-coded products.
The Benefits in the Scope of the SAP Transfer Project
- With the capacity planning screens where the calculation of which product is to be produced on which line based on factory, line and product was realized, optimization in weekly production planning was achieved.
- Comparison reports showing planned/actual expenditures, viewing screen for faulty product movements, easy-to-understand production reports, fast main data maintenance program were written according to the client's needs. Thanks to the sector exclusive screens for tanker production planning, the file transfer and telephone traffic between departments came to an end.
- In the material supply planning process, based on the optimum stock keeping goals, the planning of weekly and daily purchasing needs was made possible.
- All purchasing and approval processes were moved onto the system. The supplier price lists can now be approved over the system. Applications were developed for the approval and printing of offer requests after price check comparisons. The import purchasing process was developed according to needs. Reports providing traceability of the purchasing process from the material request to its entrance were produced.
- In conditional acceptance; the execution and tracking of all the processes from acceptance of goods to the approval of the invoice figure to be sent to the supplier can be made over the system.
- By determining the minimum stock levels of materials, the supply period, the stock time of the materials were decreased to a minimum. Material requirement planning was used.
- A party application was made for the tracking of the materials expiry dates and similar features. Barcode tags and handheld terminal applications were developed in material warehouse processes.
- Integration between systems was achieved by forming central main data structure for the material.
- Substantial improvements were made on the Sales Distribution side on the topics of Domestic Sales, Export, Shipping, Delivery Planning and Delivery Cost Tracking.
- Price management in domestic sales was redesigned according to contemporary SAP infrastructure and needs and thus with less main data and work, a more effective price management system was formed.
- In exporting, the pro forma invoicing process that allows for declarations to be made out before loading, was set up with standard functions minimizing the work load and incorrect data input.
- In domestic and export shipping, the integration of delivery costs with service purchasing was achieved; thanks to shipper and period based automatically formed purchasing papers, the intake of shipper invoices are more controlled and extra/wrong invoice intake is stopped.
- The costs for domestic and overseas shipping were distributed to the shipped goods based on kilograms and shipping costs took their place in customer/product profitability with real numbers. This way, a fair premium payment system was put in place with the correct calculation of customer profitability which is the basis for salesperson premiums.
- On the Financial Accounting (FI) side, the tracking and reporting of assurances was made possible with the Client Accounting Assurance Package. The necessary arrangements were made for the execution of central financial operations within the group and all the relevant actions were brought into use.
- By Addressee Company Adaptation the reporting of activities with group companies was realized. With the implementation of the IFRS Package, the sound recording and reporting of IFRS activities was realized.
- The Hyperion integration infrastructure required for group consolidation reports was prepared and an adjustment was made for the use of MIS codes.
- A structure was formed in which the invoices made out from accounting can be used as both e-invoices and printed on paper. With the fields added to the standard check reports, the current state of the relevant check was added to the screen. BA-BS reports were organized as to come to consensus with clients and e-mail, fax or prints can be formed over the system.
- On the Controlling (CO) side, which plays an active part in higher managerial decisions of companies, planned-actual comparisons and analysis reports are prepared to aid managers in taking the right strategic decisions. Cost based controls were added to prevent budget exceeding.
- Access to detailed cost information was reached by calculation of the costs at the generation point of the product produced and services given.
- Within the Profitability Analysis (PA) structure, the Periodic Net Profit/Loss table of the income statement is taken abiding by TPL and IFRS.
About Marsa Yağ
Marsa, produces oils for the foodstuff industries, catering and bakery sectors with the highest technology and under hygienic conditions. Marsa is a company that produces under 100% hygienic and natural conditions and differs from its competition in the sector with vision of becoming the regional leader in foodstuff. Using the latest technology and conforming to EU standards, Marsa markets its products mainly in Turkey and also the USA and EU countries. Setting off from customer expectations and merging them with market conditions and changing trends and expectations in the world, Marsa has internalized the discipline of presenting new products and pioneering their realization in Turkey.